My Story

My God is full of wonder, and each day I am learning more about Him
and the amazing plans He has laid out for the adventure that is my life.

This is my story.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Riverdance!

I saw Riverdance today! They were beautiful, enchanting, and sometimes jaw-dropping. I really want to know how they can do that cool ankle flip flop move without twisting their ankles! Their storyline is loosely Irish beginnings, then immigration to America where they have dancing duels with jazz tappers, then go back to Irish country dance roots, and then for some unknown reason a flamenco dancer and Russians jump in for a number here and there. There's also moments where the fiddler, flutist, drummer, bagpipe player, and Celtic singers get center stage by themselves. At the end it's just full on Irish Dancing awesomeness with incredibly fast footwork and tapping so loud you think your eardrums might burst.

I enjoyed almost everything. However, I didn't understand the Spanish flamenco dancer connection to Ireland. They didn't even try to make one. She just came out on her own every once in a while and twisted her wrists in odd ways and stomped around. Then suddenly we were in Russia! I thought they were some of the best dancers and I thoroughly loved watching their extreme athletic stunts, but I just wanted to know what we were doing in Russia! But it was a real treat to watch so many different styles of dance. I don't think I've ever seen a dance style that I couldn't find something I liked about it. Dance is just such a beautiful multi-faceted language from the soul.

Well, I would post some pictures of Riverdance, but they said we couldn't and I'm trying to be good, so no pictures.

Oooh! I found more forest trails in Shotover! It goes on forever I think! It's like Narnia and Middle Earth all rolled into one and me right in the middle giggling to myself as I walk along and wonder if I'm really here or if this is just a really real dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment