My Story

My God is full of wonder, and each day I am learning more about Him
and the amazing plans He has laid out for the adventure that is my life.

This is my story.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Barrie's Pan is Coming!


My birthday is almost here, which means that I'm creeping at an alarming rate to the ripe age of 30! Arge! I will be twenty-eight this November 14th. How old this sounds! I don't feel that old at all. In fact, I still feel quite juvenile and innocent of much of life. But then I've always been a late bloomer, so really it should feel like anyone else turning twenty-five at the oldest.

And to celebrate my obvious desire to cling to youth, I will be celebrating my birthday by seeing J. M. Barrie's original "Peter Pan!" No one does this version anymore, which has always baffled me since it is in my opinion the deepest and best. Well, my dreams have come true! Someone in England finally decided that it must be done again and it was such a success in London that they brought it to LA and now I get to see Peter Pan the way J. M. Barrie wrote him and his world for the first time; and on my birthday too!

Excited is too small a term for how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment